Show Your Thanks
National Employee Appreciation Day, which was established in 1995 by Dr. Bob Nelson with his company Workman Publishing, is celebrated on the first Friday of March every year. It’s a day devoted to extending thanks to employees across all industries, as employees are one of a company’s greatest assets. Because of this, focusing efforts on appreciating them through some form of recognition will both motivate them in the workplace and increase their job satisfaction.
What are some ways for employers to show appreciation to their employees? Here are Raining Rose, we show employees appreciation by having fun team builders (both on-site and off-site), and we also have an ASPIRE program in which people nominate peers when they see them go above and beyond to exhibit any of our core values (Attitude, Safety, Integrity, Relationship, Evolve).
Here some other fun ideas you could try:
- Write a handwritten thank you note, mentioning a specific job well done or praising the unique skills they bring to the table. It will mean more than a high five or email sent at the end of the day.
- Take turns offering employees the Employee of the Month (or similar) parking spot — or draw a name to determine a winner.
- Bring bagels and coffee for breakfast to start your thanks right at the beginning of the day.
- Offer to take employees out for lunch with the CEO or another executive team member.
- Provide each employee with a gift card to a restaurant or favorite place.
- Have an ice cream social, bringing in fun toppings and mix-ins.
- Give away various prizes by drawing names or holding a contest.
- Have a casual dress day.
- Close the office early so employees can spend time with family or friends.
- Say “thank you” with the personal care items below!
Put positive words of encouragement on EOSTM Lip Balm or Lip Fusion and distribute it at a company outing or potluck. Your employees are sure to feel the love with every application. You can also help fight unhealthy germs by giving employees Credit Card Hand Sanitizer Spray, placing it on their desk for use throughout the day. Include a catchy tagline on the imprint, such as “Thank you for fighting germy situations and producing great work!” Another option is to make headache relief just a small reach away by offering custom-labeled Ibuprofen. Employees can store it in their pocket or keep it on their desk for easy access, and before long, they’ll wonder what they ever did without it!
However you show your thanks, make it heartfelt — it will really build up your employees and remind them of the huge impact they truly have doing what they do.